Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Maximizing Weight Loss

Tom is losing weight like crazy!  He is down another pound and a half, I jealous, I wish I was losing weight as rapidly.  I only lost a half pound. (Still great if you consider I'm still losing a least a half pound a day!) I know that men lose weight faster because they have more muscle which burns the fat off faster.  Reading online I see that I should have waited to start the diet until after I had finished my 'monthly friend.'  Womp Womp! It has to be all the water weight that is sticking around.....  :]

When we were at the Doc office yesterday he included a sheet with tips to Maximize Weight Loss, these tips will also work if you have hit a ' Plateaus'.  These include:

- Drink at least 80-100 ounces of water per day

- Trick - Eliminate the bread or fruit component from your meals and increase protein slightly for a few days.
- Make sure you are not having more then one apple a day
- Try this - Eat only 6 -6.5 oz of meat with your water only at lunch and dinner with nothing else for 2 days
- Double check (I triple check!) the foods and make sure you are not accidentally cheating! -- I had this happen just this week with Bouillon cubes that I was cooking with and making my Miracle Noodles in. 
- If you think you are retaining water, eat more water based veggies.  They are a natural diuretic effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment