Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Vodka and HCG

Tom just finished his final and after a long week without drink he wanted a drink.  Of course me being the cautious one I wanted to look and see if it was okey first.   What I found is that Vodka is the best alcohol to have on the diet and that diet soda will make you retain water, and blow up like balloon. 

Because Tom is losing more then me I am only going to have 2 shots, and Tom is going to have 3.  Here is a delishious mixed drink that I found. I am going to call it the Orange Skinny.

My recipe calls for strawberries but you can substitute orange if you prefer. You could even combine the two for an extra summery cocktail. Just use half an orange, 3 muddled strawberries, and continue recipe.
4 large Strawberries
1 Orange (optional)
1/2 lemon (optional)
1 oz high quality vodka
shaker with strainer
fork (for muddling in shaker)
handful of ice
4 packets of truvia
2 1/2 tablespoons water (rough estimate)
Mint sprig for garnish
Chilled martini glass
Muddle about four strawberries OR squeeze the juice of one orange (strawberries are recommended), into a shaker that has a strainer. Add ice, vodka (between one and two shots, I prefer to use one per serving) and as much simple syrup (see recipe below) as you need to satisfy your fruity cocktail sweet tooth. If you want something tart, add a squeeze of lemon to the strawberry mixture. Shake the cocktail and strain into a martini glass. Garnish with mint sprig and enjoy.
(I didn't do this bottom part, but maybe you will?)
HCG friendly simple syrup:
Mix water with Truvia and heat on the stove on low. When mixture begins to bubble, remove it from heat. This is your simple syrup mixture. Add a little at a time to the cocktail because Truvia is sweeter than sugar.
Please enjoy this recipe!

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering about alcohol. The instruction book has a paragraph about it but doesn't actually say whether or not you can have any.

    ReplyDelete