Sunday, February 27, 2011

Stuffed Peppers | HCG Guru

I have been waiting to do this recipe all week and tonight I COOK!  Lol.  I am up .6 this morning and I am sure it was because I had an extra 3 oz of mystery beef yesterday.  I thought because I was walking so much I would be ok.  OOPS!  I was wrong.  I also don't think I had enough water which I am finding makes a HUGE difference in lose for the morning.

Bison Stuffed Peppers (Makes 4 servings)
½ medium yellow onion
chopped 1 large or 2 small zucchini
seeded and chopped 4 bell peppers
15 oz lean ground beef, turkey, venison, or bison (Be sure to rinse your meat with hot water after browning.)
5 large button mushrooms (100g) (If you like...)
2 cloves garlic
1/8 tsp basil
½ tsp oregano
1- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes - drain  (Or a large Tomato.)
4 grissini breadsticks
2 tablespoons worstershire sauce
Salt and pepper to taste

Cut top ¼ of the peppers. (save for another use like salad) Trim bottom so it will sit flat. Clean out inside of pepper. Boil in stock pot of water for 10 minutes to soften. Remove and set aside. Preheat oven to 350. Sautee onion, mushrooms, zucchini, and garlic in a pan till soft. (I use water to sauté, fat free chicken stock will also work.) Add in salt to taste, oregano, basil, and tomatoes. Simmer till hot. Puree half in a blender, food processor, or immersion blender. Cook ground meat with pepper till browned. Drain and rinse under hot water to remove any extra fats. Rinse out pan, too. Add meat to veggie mix and add in worstershire sauce. Salt to taste and simmer for a few minutes. Add in crackers and mix well. Separate into 4 sections and put one section each into each pepper. A spring loaded ice cream scoop works well. Cover with foil and cook for 30 minutes. Remove foil and cook another 5-10 minutes. Serve with a yummy salad! I made this recipe with bison, and it was 297 calories per serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment